2021 Graduation – how’s it happening?

2021 Graduation – how’s it happening?

Armani Moore, Staff Writer

With the last semester of the school year quickly coming to an end, we also approach a pivotal time for our seniors: graduation. But, as we do, a lot of speculation still surrounds how exactly graduation for the Class of 2021 will play out. 

Edison has just announced that we will have outdoor graduation at the Paul Paul Theater at the Fresno Fairgrounds on June 4th.

During the 2020 graduation season, celebrating the class of 2020, COVID-19 cases were rising at alarming rates, with a reported 3,892 positive cases by June 24th 2020. Due to the increasing infection rate, and the overall concern regarding COVID-19, many Central Valley high schools opted for more safety-focused graduation ceremonies, including drive-through and virtual ones. Though being the safest option at the time, the change was still one not anticipated by much of the 2020 class, as many had been looking forward to walking across the stage since starting their upper school journey. 

“It was a bit disheartening.” Fresno State freshman Mya Morales, who graduated from Hoover High School last year, says. “I knew it was what we needed to do, but still, you can’t help but want to be selfish, and see everything play out the way you wanted it to.”