Boy’s Tennis Starts Up 

Hudson Browning, Staff Writer

Now that we are back from winter break and starting off the new year we’re leaving winter behind us, and with the coming of spring that also means the beginning of spring sports here at Edison. Most by now are in full swing practicing every day after school like the track team, or already have matches like the soccer teams. And while they’ve been at practices since we got back from break the Edison Tennis team had their first match preseason match against Clovis East today. 

It was a tough match for Edison, and they put their all in it for 2 hours straight, but unfortunately, their persistence wasn’t enough, and they ended up losing overall to Clovis East. “The first match of the season is always the most difficult.” said Coach Kong, “But I’m proud of the effort that they put in out there.” 

Down but not out the tennis team still looks forward to their just starting season. “Oh, hell yeah dude I’m super stoked for tennis this year,” says Sophomore Matthew Pitcher. Even though they may have lost their first match of the season, it didn’t put a damper on their spirit. They’re excited for what’s to come in the season. “I’m looking forward to seeing my players use all that they’ve practiced out on the court and do their best,” said Coach Kong. 

And since this first match is still in preseason, it won’t have any effect on the team’s standings overall as they move into the real season in the next few weeks. They use the preseason to prepare for the upcoming matches and see what they need to fix and improve upon. “I want to get less upset with myself whenever I mess up a shot,” says Junior Ethan Hinds. They can’t wait for their next match and their chance to win it all.