College Night For Perspective Seniors

Fresno County Office of Education is holding a college night to help seniors around Fresno prepare for application season.

College Night For Perspective Seniors

Janelle Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Are you graduating this school year? Do you not know where to even begin in the college process? For some students it’s the last thing on their mind for others it’s right around the corner.  College can be a very overwhelming thing especially if you don’t know where to start.  Luckily, if you are a senior graduating this year you have the opportunity to attend College Night.  College Night will be held at the Fresno Convention Center Exhibit Hall from 6:00 PM-8:00 PM on September 14th

Before going to College Night, you must register. If you are registering at the event, make sure to be at the event by 4:30 pm.  If you are registering online go tohttps://gotocollegefairs.swoogo.com/registration When you register online, you will receive a barcode that you must show at the event.  

What is available at College Night?  Many great opportunities!  At the event, you will be able to speak to college representatives from many different colleges you might be interested in. There are workshops as well where you can learn about admissions, scholarships, planning for colleges, and much more. “For students who might be undecided about what they want to study, or which college or university best fits their interest, College Night may help them decide.” Says Mr. Munoz, the principal of Edison High School.  By attending this event you can secure your knowledge about your next step and ease your nerves.

If you are planning to go but don’t have a way to get there, Edison is offering a free bus ride. Just head to the counselor’s office for a permission slip but hurry up because it’s first come, first serve! 

If you have any questions, please visit this website, https://www.fcoe.org/departments/special-projects/fresno-area-college-nightor talk about it to your counselor. Good luck Tigers!