Who is better Messi or Ronaldo?

Who you got as the GOAT? Messi or Ronaldo?

Bacilio Rubio, Staff Writer

In the world of sports, there is either one player who is considered the best player in that sport or there are many who can be classified the best. That is just the case in the world of soccer. Many good players have passed through this beautiful sport back in the days, but some people say no one has ever done it like Messi and Ronaldo. People all over the world argue about who is considered the best as of right now and to tell you the truth, this argument is really close. Now, if you are a fan, played, or watched soccer, who would you consider is the best player in the world of soccer right now? Messi? Ronaldo?

Lionel Andres Messi is an Argentine soccer player who at a young age was diagnosed with a disease that would impede him from growing. Not having enough money to pay all his medication, his parents asked many people for help, one of them being the club which later would become his sanctuary. FC Barcelona, a club in Spain, decided to help this kid out by paying everything for him after a scout signed him after seeing him try out for the academy. And the rest is history. Refusing to go anywhere else, Messi has won many trophies with the club and 5 of those being the Ballon d’Or which indicates he has been the best player in the world for 5 times throughout his career. Lionel has also broken many records with the club, from being the leading scorer with 558 goals with the club to being the only player to ever score 96 goals in a calendar year. His records and trophies aren’t the only reason why people think he is the best player in the world, his skills and the way he plays in every game can prove anyone why he is considered one of the best. If you don’t think so, take a look at this video and perhaps it may change your perspective on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMv-4haErwo
Sports Video MM

Who's your GOAT?

• Messi (67%, 20 Votes)
  • Ronaldo (33%, 10 Votes)

Total Voters: 30

Loading ... Loading ...

On the other hand you have another great player by the name Cristiano Ronaldo. Ronaldo has been in this league longer than Messi by a few years, so he has had a better chance to prove that he can be considered the best in the sport. Considering that he started off in a lower leveled team in his home country and made his progress throughout his career by signing with Manchester United and then making the big move to Real Madrid, people believe he should be the best because he worked hard for everything that he has achieved. After having an outstanding career at Manchester United, where he obtain a variety of his trophies, Real Madrid got the attention of the Portuguese star and signed him to a big contract.

At first, after he left Manchester, many people hated him because everyone thought he left for the money like every other soccer player. But in reality he left to make his own legacy at the club. Throughout every game, he proved to many people what he was capable of and as the years went by he improved more and more to the point that it made it difficult for experts to choose between him and Messi. Ronaldo has 4 Ballon d’Or, just one away from tying with Messi, and rumors say he might win his fifth one coming up. Just like Messi, Ronaldo’s trophies and achievements don’t prove the people he is the best, but his style of play and that strong, powerful right leg he has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYDPVBprjFo
Javier Nathaniel

9 Comments

9 Responses to “Who is better Messi or Ronaldo?”

1. Mahaynes on December 6th, 2017 7:10 pm

Bacilio, I loved your article! I learned a lot, thank you for teaching me through your research & writing.

[Reply]

2. Bradley on December 7th, 2017 11:17 am

I like the use of real statistics to show who the better player truly is!

[Reply]

3. Shynia Jones on December 7th, 2017 11:21 am

Overall this article is fantastic it gave me information that i didn’t know. Although you could’ve gave more information about Christiano Ronaldo. I enjoyed reading this article it was very interesting there was not a point where it got boring.

[Reply]

4. Jesus Sandoval on December 7th, 2017 11:24 am

Very good read. You didn’t come off as biased, and you presented why each player could be considered the best. You also convinced me that the debate between these two players is incredibly close! One of the best things about your article is that you really leave it up to your readers to make their own decision.

[Reply]

5. Joaquin Ayon on December 7th, 2017 11:30 am

Great article Bacilio! In my opinion Ronaldo is the best because he did the best in a numerous amount of leagues. In the English Premier League Ronaldo struck fear into defenders often using his mass amount of skills in his arsenal to defeat his opponents. HE also won many FA Cups, Barclays Premier Leagues and a Champions League. In my opinions Ronaldo should’ve stayed in United and furthered his legacy and could’ve made United more that a one-time Champions League winners.

[Reply]

6. Yash Patel on December 7th, 2017 11:33 am

I think that Pewdiepie is the best soccer player of all time.

[Reply]

7. Eric Gaytan on December 7th, 2017 11:43 am

Amazing Article. Really made me appreciate how good these guys are. Now I’m wondering who is going to win the Ballon D’or this year!

[Reply]

8. Eric Gaytan on December 7th, 2017 11:45 am

Great article! Made me really appreciate how good both these guys are. Now I’m wondering who is going to win the Ballon D’or this year!

[Reply]

9. Bacilio Rubio on December 7th, 2017 11:56 am

BREAKING NEWS !!!!! Cristiano Ronaldo has won his 5th Ballon d’Or, tying Messi for most Ballon d’Or ever.

[Reply]

• Editorials

Traditions

• Editorials

Christmas Traditions Around the World

• Editorials

New Year, Old Me?

• Who is better Messi or Ronaldo?

Arts and Entertainment

Top 10 Superhero Movies of All Time

• Who is better Messi or Ronaldo?

Editorials

Fixing Fresno

• Who is better Messi or Ronaldo?

Arts and Entertainment

15 Best Cartoon Network Shows

• Who is better Messi or Ronaldo?

News

Fantasy Football

• Who is better Messi or Ronaldo?

News

The Most Memorable Moments of the Year of Trump

• Arts and Entertainment

Winter Activities

• Who is better Messi or Ronaldo?

Features

The Ocean

The Student News Site of Edison High School - Fresno, CA
Who is better Messi or Ronaldo?