• April 4Drill or Not?? Working out safety procedures

• April 4Edison Hosts Basketball Game April 4

• April 4Winning games with teamwork!

15 Best Cartoon Network Shows

A list of beloved shows from Cartoon Network.

Jakob Conrad and Ezekial Alvarado, Staffs Writers and Editors

Ah, cartoon network. We all remember having such fond memories of waking up in the morning, grabbing a bowl of Cap’n Crunch, and melting our brains with useless garbage that is cartoons. Good times. So, out of sheer nostalgia, we’re going over the 15 best cartoon network shows of all time. Now, this is based purely off of our own opinions, so please don’t hold it against us if we don’t put your favorite show on the list.

*All Featured Images Belong to Cartoon Network*  

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/

1.Starting off the list, and bringing back feelings of early Saturday morning joy, it’s Ed, Edd n Eddy. This was one of the best Cartoon Network shows to grow up on. It had good jokes, a mix of stupid and smart humor, and some jokes the kids didn’t get that were intended for a more mature audience. If you didn’t see it, go back and watch it because it’s entirely worth it.

2.Dexter’s Laboratory comes in at number two, and still manages to make us want to fulfill our dream of having a secret underground lair. Nearly everyone remembers this show, and anyone who hasn’t seen it should because it’s too good to pass up.

3.Third place, with a Demon slaying Katana, it’s Samurai Jack. This show was an amazing mix of post apocalyptic robots, fantasy sword fighting, and some slow moving but funny jokes. If it weren’t for the network, it’s almost not a kid’s show, and that’s why we loved it so much.

4.Before anyone asks, no, it’s not ‘Teen Titans go!’. That show sucks. This is the original Teen Titans, and it’s the only one worth watching. The art style, humor, and just all around good feel of the show makes you want to sing along to the sometimes English sometimes Japanese theme song, and that’s why this show makes the list.

5.The witty humor and just the right mix of melancholy and stupid makes this show an instant cult classic, and a favorite to many. This show made it hard for me to picture the grim reaper as anything other than a laid back loser. Well, this show and family guy, but that’s another topic entirely.

6.Ah, now we’re getting into the weird shows. Courage is probably the oddest kid’s show we’ve ever seen, many of its episodes being genuinely creepy, and some of them still give us goosebumps. It’s balanced out by oddball humor and interesting artstyle, and anyone who loves a bit of a scare now and then should watch this; we won’t judge you for enjoying it.

7.This show isn’t exactly a classic, and it didn’t even have the longest runtime compared to most of these shows, but if you haven’t seen Chowder, it’s worth a watch. We still have no idea what kind of animal chowder is supposed to be, but that’s part of what makes this cartoon so enjoyable.

8.Who doesn’t love a feel good show now and then? Foster’s home for Imaginary friends was a favorite for so many, and reminds of our own long lost imaginary friends. You know, if you had one of those anyway.

9.One of everyone’s favorites, and a bit of a weird show, The Regular show gave us a truly original cartoon with likable characters and a wacky, yet somehow down-to-earth view. Definitely worth a watch; this is truly an instant classic.

10.Did you like ‘Courage the Cowardly Dog’? Ever wish it was more pirate themed? Then Flapjack is for you, but only if you have a strong stomach. It didn’t run too long, partly because it was genuinely gross at times and made our skin crawl, but it’s sarcastic humor and lovably dumb protagonist won us over for the short time it aired.

11.This is simply one of the greatest cartoons of all time: the original Powerpuff Girls. Though cartoon network did a modern continuation-which wasn’t too bad actually- it’s the original episodes we remember, and it’s the original episodes that hold this spot at number 11. Powerpuff Girls was a truly captivating show, and one of the first to have an all female lead.

12.A show unlike any other, and one that deserves a sequel, or maybe just more seasons, it’s Adventure Time. This mostly silly, sometimes serious, sometimes spooky show made us all want to live in a post apocalyptic wonderland of candy people and magic dogs.

13.For those of us who remember those days before social censoring and over sensitivity, I bring you number 13: Cow and Chicken. This show was shameless, but in the best way possible. If you feel like hearing crude humor and stupid jokes, this show is for you.

14.A classic and truly awesome cartoon, it’s Codename: Kids Next Door. If you don’t remember this one, then try imagining yourself as a little kid again and pretending to be a super spy. That’s basically this show in a nutshell, and it was amazing.

15.Yes, this show did make the cut over some other shows that we will honorably mention down below. Despite its flaws, we watched and enjoyed this show as kids. So we should remember it how it was, not the monster that stupid little kids and the terrible new writers made it into.

Honorable mentions:

Johnny Bravo: truly an original classic, but sadly not on the list. Sorry.

Camp Lazlo: Enjoyable, and one of the better shows on C.N. at the time it aired, but sadly didn’t make the cut for this list.

Steven universe: An original concept, however it just had too much of a divided viewership.

I am Weasel: A weird show, a classic, but a bit too early for most of us to remember.

My Gym Partner’s a Monkey: A great show all around, but, alas, just not talked about, and undeservingly forgotten.

1 Comment

One Response to “15 Best Cartoon Network Shows”

1. B'Elanna on February 20th, 2018 11:35 am

This is a great list of shows!

[Reply]

• Creative Writing

Ode to my Friend

• 15 Best Cartoon Network Shows

Breaking News

Letter to Myself

• Arts and Entertainment

Where is The Justice?

• 15 Best Cartoon Network Shows

Arts and Entertainment

Bryan Danielson’s Return To The Squared Circle

• 15 Best Cartoon Network Shows

Arts and Entertainment

Lion King Jr. To Premier in Edison Theaters

• Arts and Entertainment

Winter Activities

• Arts and Entertainment

Justice for the Justice League

• 15 Best Cartoon Network Shows

Arts and Entertainment

Top 10 Superhero Movies of All Time

• 15 Best Cartoon Network Shows

Arts and Entertainment

Hollywood’s Latest Controversy

• 15 Best Cartoon Network Shows

Arts and Entertainment

Kylie’s Pregnant?! Fake or Fact

The Student News Site of Edison High School - Fresno, CA
15 Best Cartoon Network Shows