• October 18Football/Band Senior Night - Oct 26th

• October 18Oct. 24th: Fresno Unified Soccer at 3:30

• October 18Pink Out Game: Oct 19

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year Not Really The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Taryn Talford, Staff Writer

You’d believe holidays are the best time of the year maybe for some but not for all. It can be hard time of the year for some people as they watch other filled with joy because of the holidays. This can remind people of the happiness in they lack in their lives.

One of the main reasons for depression during the holiday season is setting up unrealistic expectations. “People have this anticipation or fantasy of the holiday that you would see on TV,” physiatrist Dr.Mark Sichel. It especially affects people who have an estranged family. Around this time of year is when people will really realize that they have no family. During the rest of the year you’re too occupied there’s not really any holidays where family comes together. Sometimes people put too much pressure for an estranged family to come together and it only ends in disappointment. Solution to this problem could be bring the family that wants to be together for the holidays. Rather than forcing a family that doesn’t want to be together. If that doesn’t quite work out there’s always close friends and their family. No matter your situation you should be able to have that holiday you’re thinking. Anything to prevent yourself from having depression during the holidays.

Another common reason for depression during the holidays comes from parents who might not have the funds for the holidays. As your children start preparing their christmas list the overwhelming feeling of knowing funds aren’t available to get these things. The disappointment of their kids is what drives parents to stress themselves into getting these gifts. This may cause bills to become overdue in order to get things their child is asking for.    

This time of the year can also be stressful for students. Before Christmas break comes finals for student. Being student myself I know the stress. Before break is filled with studying and test hoping that you do pass. Especially if you have failing grades. Best the way to cope with and eliminate the stress is take it easy. Don’t overwork yourself things will work out fine without stressing.

Overall no matter what stress depression and anxiety is preventable during the holidays. You should be able to have the best time of the year during the best time of the year.  

1 Comment

One Response to “The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year Not Really The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year”

1. Julio Gonzales on February 20th, 2018 11:25 am

In my opinion i like how you stated the intro and then moved on to the problem and stated information to fix the problem

• The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year Not Really The Most Wonderful  Time Of The Year

News

Systematic Representation

• News

INFRASTRUCTURE FROM A GLOCAL PERSPECTIVE

Breaking News

Public Transportation

Breaking News

Human Trafficking

News

A- Grade in Diversity?

• News

Do School Sports Really Take Your Time Away From School?

News

Are Open Periods for Seniors Good or Bad?

Arts and Entertainment

15 Best Cartoon Network Shows

News

Fantasy Football

News

The Most Memorable Moments of the Year of Trump

The Official Student News Source of Edison High School - Fresno, CA