• October 18Football/Band Senior Night - Oct 26th

• October 18Oct. 24th: Fresno Unified Soccer at 3:30

• October 18Pink Out Game: Oct 19

Dance the Night Away

Edison's Dance Parties

Evani Meza, Staff Writer

What makes Edison so special and unique are the school dances because they aren’t all the same. Also before the school dance we have a spirit week where we dress up with different types of topics like for example, on Monday you would dress up with your favorite sports shirt. In Edison we have four school dances which are Winter Formal, Sadie Hawkin’s, Reventon, and Prom. Each and one of the dances are special because Edison gives us the students options to go to other dances if we don’t want to spend a lot of money on one dance.

The first dance we had for the school year was Formal and the month we had it was in December the 2nd. Formal took place this year in downtown and the ones who design and organize the event is leadership. You would go dressed for this dance with a dress and a tuxedo. Also Formal reminds me of prom, but it is more simple and not as an outgoing dance as Prom. The price for formal ticket is 40 dollars and is a more of a causal dance some students go in dresses and tuxedos. What I mean that this dance is more casual is because the dresses could be short, long, and flowy and it doesn’t matter if you dress simple.

A second school dance we have is Sadies and the month they had Sadie’s this year was in March. What Sadie’s is a dance where you can dress up and go with a fun outfit. To have fun with the outfit and dress by the theme of the dance they assigned and you don’t have to spend a lot of money on your outfit. For example, this years theme for Sadies was spaceship theme and the students wore spaceship shirts or a whole outfit like matching socks pants and shirts with their couple. Normally for every dance a guy would ask a girl to a dance, but for Sadies the girl is the one who asks the guy to the dance. In the week of Sadie’s we have a drees week where Monday we had blackout day, Tuesday was dress up like a celebrity, Wednesday was wear anything sci-fi, Thursday dress up in different time periods, and Friday was twin day. Sadie’s takes place in Edison’s Cafeteria and the people that organized the event is leadership and the cost of the tickets were 20 dollars.

Edison’s third dance is the Reventon which it is usually in the beginning of the Month of May. The Reventon is like Sadies, but they play mostly Mexican music and the theme doesn’t change. Most of the students that I have seen usually wear boots and the girls do too and for the shirts the guys wear a button up shirt or wear any shirt and the girls just wear any cute shirt. The Reventón is made in our school campus in the cafeteria and the people that organize and design the event is the Latinos for excellent club. In the week of the school dance what they usually do is have Mexican music in the ampethater during lunch because it’s 5 de Mayo and because of the Reventón.

Edison’s last school dance is Prom and it is in the month of May. Prom is one of the most important dances for the seniors because it’s one of the last school activity they are going to be participating in. Prom is a dance where you go all out and go more dressed up then Formal or the other dances that we have and you would wear a cute dress and a tuxedo. In Prom most of the girls go all out if it’s there senior Prom they usually get their nails done they get there makeup and hair done professionally. Tickets for Prom cost 70 dollars and where Prom takes place is in Wolf Lakes Park.

What makes Edison special is the different types of dances that can benefit a variety of people. It can benefit the students in money wise if they don’t have the money or don’t want to spent that much money on a certain dance and they can go to another dance that can fit there price budget.