• October 18Football/Band Senior Night - Oct 26th

• October 18Oct. 24th: Fresno Unified Soccer at 3:30

• October 18Pink Out Game: Oct 19

Bryan Danielson’s Return To The Squared Circle

Comeback

Back to Article
Back to Article

Daniel Bryan captures the WWE World Heavyweight Championships at WrestleMania 30 
(Source: WWE)

Daniel Bryan captures the WWE World Heavyweight Championships at WrestleMania 30 (Source: WWE)

Joaquin Ayon, Staff Writer

Daniel Bryan turns around after giving a well-deserved kiss to his on screen girlfriend only to be received by a perfectly timed brogue-kick by Sheamus. 1-2-3, he is defeated in 18 seconds in his first title defence in which he was blindsided by his opponent, which sent fans who loved the American Dragon into an outrage. Fans from all over the world were beside themselves after witnessing their favorite wrestler lose in 18 seconds and could only wonder, why would management do such a thing? Why would they take an up and coming superstar and waste his talent on such a person like Sheamus who doesn’t need the momentum from D-Bryan? Well as it results, management, a.k.a Vince McMahon wasn’t too hot on the indie scene wrestler becoming a star and it began to show on TV and PPVs alike.

Daniel Bryan rallies fans to get him a match at WrestleMania 30. (Source: WWE)

Word was that since he started gaining popularity throughout the years, Daniel was beginning to get a bit of slack from management as he was deemed “not good enough” or just a “B-player” in the eyes of the authority at the time, who was Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Later it was revealed though that the mastermind behind all this was actually Vincent Kennedy McMahon himself, as he wasn’t a huge fan of the man who was up and coming in the WWE as the most exciting and technical wrestler. Soon enough it was evident that the man from Aberdeen, Washington was going to be put down by the authority as he grew with popularity when he finally got his opportunity against John Cena at Summerslam 2013 in what turned out to be one of John’s best matches in recent memory.

After he captured the illustrious WWE World Heavyweight Championship from John Cena he was double-crossed by guest referee and CEO of the company, Triple H, which then allowed the slithery Randy Orton to cash in and become the champion once again in his already glorious career. After this incident it was clear that the D. Bryan would be held back by Vince as long as he was there and it was evident on TV as he would keep getting screwed out of championship title matches and losing them by circumstances which were uncontrollable by him. Then at the 2014 Royal Rumble, everyone expected the American Dragon to win the Rumble and finally beat Randy at Wrestlemania by it was clear that wasn’t a part of Vince’s plans as the returning Batista won the Rumble to face Randy in the main event, in what at the time, seemed to be a pretty boring main event.

As the time came closer, Daniel Bryan’s popularity became monumental as he was easily the most talked about wrestler in the world, and it became evident to the stubborn Chairman of the WWE. Soon after, Vince had to realize that the people wanted him to become champion.

Daniel Bryan announces his return to the ring at WrestleMania 34. (Source: WWE)

On a Monday Night Raw episode he would challenge Triple H to a match at Wrestlemania where if he won, he would be added to the WWE Championship match. Triple H accepted, knowing that we would win, but against all odds, the fantastic Bryan defeated Triple H and later on that night, after he was beat down by Triple H, would defy logic and win the championship after he locked in the YES! lock on Batista and the crowd erupted in cheers after they saw on their fan favorites win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Soon after came his first defense against Kane at Extreme Rules where he would easily win, but the next day, had to give up his title due to several injuries to the back of his neck which impaired feeling in his right arm. He was out of the ring for eight months. Bryan returned in January 2015 and was just as popular as ever but the comeback didn’t last long. In April, right after he won the Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania 31 in a brutal ladder match, Bryan suffered a concussion. It was the latest in a long series of concussions for Bryan, who had been wrestling for 16 years at that point. WWE pulled him from competition and a series of medical tests later showed that he had a lesion on his brain that could cause seizures. That night after the captured the Intercontinental Championship he would walk out to a San Francisco crowd who was in awe to see Daniel once again, but this time in street clothes.

After he celebrated a bit, it was time for the worst news as he gave a speech on which he had to vacate the title and told fans that his career would have to come to and end. Devastated and distraught, the crown could not believe it, and Daniel did not want it to be reality either. He would have to become a stay at home husband with this wife, Brianna Danielson, as they would have their first child, Birdie Danielson, a few years later. Bryan would not give up though and was battling to return to the ring as that was his number one thing in his life after his family.

The man was prepared to do anything and after 3 years he would go to specialists all over the US to have them all say that he was ready to return to the ring, except a WWE doctor would not let him return as he would not like WWE to have his potential injury once again, to be at fault of WWE themselves.

After battling for a extremely long year, he would finally be cleared by several doctors in WWE and all over the country and the most impossible thought would soon become a reality as he would make his return at Wrestlemania XXXIV where he would become the loudest pop of the night. His tag team with Vince McMahon would become the most sought out match of the night as die hard fans of the American Dragon would be there to witness the man do his magic. As they say, the rest is history as the tag team would go on to win the match and Daniel’s return only becomes better as he will look to have classic matches with the likes of Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, Andrade “Cien” Almas, Jeff Hardy, and Samoa Joe.