• October 18Football/Band Senior Night - Oct 26th

• October 18Oct. 24th: Fresno Unified Soccer at 3:30

• October 18Pink Out Game: Oct 19

Letter to Myself

Summer Goals

Back to Article
Back to Article

Letter to Myself

Ezekial Alvarado, Staff Writer

So, you’re still alive?  Well, that’s pretty good I guess. The worst is past you…at least we don’t have to eat everything through a straw anymore. The school year should be over by the time we read this again; hopefully you passed Algebra 2. The summer is here, what’s our goals? What are we going to do that will happen to actually be somewhat productive. So let’s make this a multi-step process to follow.

First we need to get good at driving. Driving a regular car pretty easy. But, we’re getting a stick shift, so you need to learn to ease up on your legs and get good at transitioning gears with the clutch. But, starting next year, you should probably take the bus still because gas costs money and we really want to save up our money.

So how will we obtain our cash currency? Easy. Get together a group of the most talented, smart and tough people you can find out there. Watch at least 30 heist movies and piece together your own version based off of the successful ones. No, scratch that. Don’t do that. What you should do is get a job. Say it with me: “J-O-B”. That was pretty simple, but we will need one. What job will we take? Any job that is hiring because we want to save up a couple thousand over the next year. So, it doesn’t matter if we’ll end up sweeping at some place, being a cashier, or drowning at wild waters because you clearly lied on your application.

Now, we figured out what we’re going to do. But why? Why are we doing this? What’s the bigger picture? You know damn well why we’re doing this. We want this whole guitar thing to get going. You’re working on some music with Rob and it’s pretty good. But you can’t keep using his grandpa’s amps. We need to save up for some good good amps with a good amount of wattage. You need a couple of stacks, cabinets, and a head. The head itself costs around a thousand already. So, the goal is to be ready start up some shows with your own legit gear. I trust you with finding new musicians and finishing the music. Everything after that is all up to you. Good luck.