• April 4Drill or Not?? Working out safety procedures

• April 4Edison Hosts Basketball Game April 4

• April 4Winning games with teamwork!

Fresno High v Edison High Rallies Draft

Guadelupe Galindo, Staff Writer

Middle schools and High schools love to do rallies every once in a while. Rather is be a sports rally, or a multicultural rally. Some can be really interesting, and some can be the same thing over and over again. Both high schools, Fresno and Edison, have their flaws to where they’re both different and the same.

Edison has their rallies times to time, however it seems like there are less rallies here.

I personally do not like Edison’s rallies for a couple of reasons. Main reason they’re not entertaining is because the lack of communication towards the audience and the host(s). They don’t communicate to them in a way. The only main reason they communicate to them is by asking for volunteers and for them to scream to see who has the most energy. The fresh, sophomores, juniors or seniors? Another reason why I do not like their rallies is because it’s not really entertaining enough. It’s about the same thing over and over again. Usually, their rallies are about promoting school events that are bound to happen. I’ve seen more people that have tried to fight or have fought during a rally, and in my opinion, that’s because again, the host(s) are NOT communicating.

However, Fresno High’s rallies are beyond out of this world. Their rallies are more entertaining and have more activity into it. It’s like they’ve prepared for this for months, unlike Edison’s. Their rallies always have a different theme and a different style each time I’ve went to their rallies. Not only they just promote their school events, but they promote sports as well, in which I find interesting because you can see who’s into what sport, what have they been able to do so far into the season, what they’ve accomplished, etc. Whether it be a multicultural rally, a pig game rally, sports/school rallies, they always put on a great show. There’s something that they do that somehow makes the whole school come together and have a great time together without even trying. It can be its activities, when they announce the sports to come up to the stage, or when they play music while we wait for someone to come to stage or singing Our Alma Mater.

I’m not hating on Edison, I love the school, I really do. Just that I feel like the community isn’t close hence the fights we have here. Usually, I would hear that this person and soso almost fought, or that person and soso fought in during the rally.