• October 18Football/Band Senior Night - Oct 26th

Fall Getaways

Where to Get Out of Town

Tiffany Vang, Staff Writer

Breezy winds, Darker nights, autumn leaves, you know what that means. FALL! There’s honestly no better season than fall. I can’t get over the wet roads with colorful leaves. And of course the Pumpkin Spice Lattes and dark lipsticks. Of course sleeping with the windows open, covered in a cozy warm blanket is the best, but so is a vacation. There are so many beautiful places to go during the fall, and it’s not hot so you won’t be breaking a sweat. After doing some research, I found some amazing places that have the best view!

Thanks to Tripsavvy (https://www.tripsavvy.com/california-fall-getaways-4120076  ), these are some places that you can and should go visit in the Fall.

• Hearst Castle: Evening Tours-  According to Tripsavvy, they state “ Hearst Castle is far too busy in mid-summer for a genuinely enjoyable visit, packed with harried tourists.” But in the autumn, they state, “In autumn, the crowds thin out. But even more importantly, Hearst Castle offers evening tours in the fall, which are by far the best way to see the Castle.”
  • Julian: Apple Time- According to Tripsavvy, Apples ripen around fall and as you pass by or head there, you’ll see lots of stands selling apples and many other fruits. Not only do you get to eat delicious apples but you also get to enjoy the view that they have to offer. Really pretty trees and many more.
  • Lake Tahoe: Fall Foliage- Lake Tahoe in the summer is awesome! The clean clear water, and all the activities they have. It’s also very beautiful during the winter with all the snow that they get up there. During the fall lots of people don’t stop by so it’s very quiet and calm. The crisp clean air that you can just breathe in, is much better and healthier than the Central Valley air.
  • Napa Valley: Harvest Time- Napa Valley is such an amazing place for wine tasting. I heard… If you’re the appropriate age to have wine they have a really good wine places that you should go. Not only that but again with the views that they have to offer. And that’s usually the time when vineyards turn grapes into wine. The process starts as all the grape vines are beautifully changing.  

There are many more that Tripsavvy has to offer for fall getaways but these are the ones that caught my eye. If you ever go on these trips during the fall be sure to let us know in the comment section below! I’d love to hear how the experience was and what you did. Whatever you

do out there remember to have fun and be safe.

1 Comment

One Response to “Fall Getaways”

1. Madeleine Fischer on September 10th, 2018 2:23 pm

Really great info! I really enjoy how the article gives examples of possible getaways in numerous parts of the state.

• Breaking News

Hate Crimes in NZ 

• Fall Getaways

Breaking News

Sadie’s Review

• Fall Getaways

Arts and Entertainment

Classic Movie Review

• Fall Getaways

Arts and Entertainment

Easter is Here!!!

• Fall Getaways

Breaking News

Spring Sports are Best

• Fall Getaways

Arts and Entertainment

! 5 Must Watch Artists at Coachella 2019 !

• Fall Getaways

Arts and Entertainment

Playlists for Spring Break

• Fall Getaways

Breaking News

Edison’s Talented Running Tigers

• Fall Getaways

Breaking News

Why Do We Even Have Spring Break?

• Fall Getaways

Arts and Entertainment

Top 10 Best Kpop songs of 2019

The Official Student News Source of Edison High School - Fresno, CA
Fall Getaways