• October 18Football/Band Senior Night - Oct 26th

• October 18Oct. 24th: Fresno Unified Soccer at 3:30

• October 18Pink Out Game: Oct 19

Miss America

Nia+Franklin%2C+Miss+America+2018+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Miss America

Nia Franklin, Miss America 2018

Nia Franklin, Miss America 2018

Nia Franklin, Miss America 2018

Nia Franklin, Miss America 2018

Tiffany Vang, Staff Writer

Growing up with a family full of girls we always use to watch Miss America. Miss America is a beauty pageant where girls from all different countries and compete to be Miss Universe. Growing up I stopped watching, and I just recently got back into it. I watched the famous Miss Universe 2015. You know right? The one where the host Steve Harvey mixed up the names. It was a very embarrassing moment I’m sure not only for Steve Harvey but for the two girls too. Can you imagine running for your country or state and called for first place but then the crown gets taken away from your head and given to one whom you competed with?

Miss Universe is so amazing in my opinion. I think that it’s such an amazing opportunities that gives us women a chance to do something better for our country. Miss Universe hasn’t been aired yet but Miss America has. The winner of Miss America 2019 is Nia Franklin. Nia Franklin was representing New York and is 24 years old. I am actually very excited about her and what she has to do this year. During her term as Miss America, Nia Franklin plans to empower young women and men across the world by focusing on social impacts. Social media is a big parts of teens lives and she wants to let them know things to do and things that shouldn’t be done when using social media.

I believe that Nia Franklin deserved her win because she seems like a very bright person who is dedicated to what she promised. Social media is where some kids get bullied. And bullying is a serious problem that many kids face every single day. Some people do believe that social media isn’t a big deal but I think that if we use it correctly we can actually gain lots of benefits from it.

Miss America and Miss Universe are really good programs. Although it may seem useless, It teaches many people many different things. And if not that, then it inspires women to show that they do actually have a voice. I am really glad that they have programs like that. And I am really excited for what has to come for our new Miss America Nia Franklin.