• October 18Football/Band Senior Night - Oct 26th

Drake Is Done

Back to Article
Back to Article

Drake Is Done

Rayna Hayward, Staff Writer

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him”

A phrase commented by many on the newly resurfaced video that shows Drake kissing and groping a 17 year old onstage at one of his concerts. And this expression is very appropriate. No matter how many excuses people make for his pedophilic actions, such as his suspected dating of an 18 year old before she was legal or his concerning texts with 14 year old Millie Bobby Brown, this evidence is infallible. No one can deny that he’s a pedo after watching him kiss a girl after learning that she’s underage. While some people may be able to ignore his disgusting comments about her body, or the way he fondled her in front of hundreds of people, you have to acknowledge the fact that she told him she was undeage and he still talked about her breasts and kissed her on the mouth.

The situations might not have been as bad if he had seemed even slightly sorry or remorseful for his actions. But with comments like “I don’t know if I should feel guilty” and “I had fun” in the video, it’s crystal clear that he thinks it’s no big deal. I also have a problem with the way he asked for her age in the first place. If he had thought she was an adult and legal in the first place then he wouldn’t have done that. There’d have been no reason to. ANd if he did think that she wasn’t quite legal then he still didn’t have to kiss her. He could have kept it short and sweet like many artists do when meeting young fans.

Drake’s actions were sickening and we need to stop allowing him and other famous celebs to act this way without repercussions. By dismissing things like this we’re enabling child predators and telling young girls that it’s their fault when these things happen.We have to do better and we can start by calling out Drake and letting him and other know that this sick behavior will not be tolerated. So stop listening to his music, stop making excuses for him, and stop supporting him.

11 Comments

11 Responses to “Drake Is Done”

1. Maddy Fischer on January 22nd, 2019 1:45 pm

Such a good piece! I appreciate how you didn’t shy away from the topic and spoke your mind about the realities of Drake’s actions and how they are reflective of larger trends in the industry.

2. Tiffany Vang on January 22nd, 2019 1:48 pm

OMG!! I saw the video on my snapchat and was shook!! Drake is CRAZYY!! Aside from that, I love this super. It’s definitely my type of stories that I like to read about. Keep it up!

3. Brenda on January 22nd, 2019 1:52 pm

I liked how you explained everything 🙂

4. Dalton Layne on January 22nd, 2019 1:54 pm

While I completely agree that Drakes actions are despicable, to say we should should stop listening to his music is a slight overstep. Personally I like his music, and while I don’t want to support him I do still like listening to his music.

5. Will Dau on January 22nd, 2019 1:59 pm

Well written but I think you might have come at it from a very personal point of view which could hurt your credibility.

6. Dalton Layne Layne on January 22nd, 2019 2:02 pm

I found your article very well written and inciteful, but I think that if you had inserted the video for the “ladies and gentleman, we got him”, it could have provided a greater context, and added a little humor to make fun of drake.

7. Danielle on January 22nd, 2019 2:09 pm

I like how you speak your mind, we all have our own opinions about what had happened. But , yet I don’t agree about not listening to his music.

8. Cristian Martinez on January 22nd, 2019 2:13 pm

The topic is a very controversial one since it deals with arguably the biggest artist in music right now, but I do feel like we should do something to Drake. One thing I feel though is that we should sometimes separate a musician from their actions.

9. Daniel Rodriguez Salinas on January 22nd, 2019 2:15 pm

Your article was very well written and I like how you got straight to the point.

10. Will.F on January 22nd, 2019 2:32 pm

I actually didn’t know this until now. This was very well written and it was very well detailed.

11. Karon Williams on March 25th, 2019 2:03 pm

• Drake Is Done

Arts and Entertainment

How to Spring Clean your Life and Home! Pt 1.

• Drake Is Done

Arts and Entertainment

Classic Movie Review

• Drake Is Done

Arts and Entertainment

Easter is Here!!!

• Drake Is Done

Arts and Entertainment

! 5 Must Watch Artists at Coachella 2019 !

• Drake Is Done

Arts and Entertainment

Playlists for Spring Break

• Drake Is Done

Arts and Entertainment

Top 10 Best Kpop songs of 2019

• Arts and Entertainment

Top Ten List of 2018 Movies (WARNING-May Contain Spoilers)

• Drake Is Done

Arts and Entertainment

Mascara

• Arts and Entertainment

Movies of 2018

• Arts and Entertainment

6ix9ine Denied Bail 

The Official Student News Source of Edison High School - Fresno, CA
Drake Is Done