Dear President Joe Biden

Voices from Your Generation

Taylor Yang, Staff Writer

Dear President Joe Biden, 

First and foremost, congratulations on winning the 2020 presidential election. I am thrilled to have you as our President and Kamala as Vice President. As you are the new leader of our country for the next four years, I have some ideas to present to you as a voice of my generation. 

We would appreciate it if you would make a change to our healthcare system. A trip to the hospital is incredibly expensive, having a baby is incredibly expensive, everything is expensive. Many people refuse to go to the hospital because of the excessive cost. I feel that lowering the price of healthcare would be beneficial to the entire population of America.

Another issue you should prioritize is protecting the rights of womenWomen’s rights to their own bodies was put in jeopardy last year. This year I hope that you will do your best to protect their right to make their own choices over their body. Even if it is abortion. 

Also, why is the cost of college tuition so high? In order to get a decent education to make a living, we have to put ourselves in years of student debt. It does not make sense. If possible, lowering the cost of tuition would be beneficial to all students. Lastly, we appreciate you canceling the Keystone XL Pipeline and rejoining the Paris Agreement. It is important to address the issues of climate change and global warming. After all, what is the point of all these technological advancements if we have no more Earth?  

Sincerely,  

Taylor Yang