End of Boy’s Tennis

Hudson Browning, Staff Writer

The boys’ tennis season has finally come to an end. It was a fight from beginning to end with many difficult opponents from Sanger, Bullard, and even SJM. It was a rough year for the team, with an ending score of 3-7 overall by the end of the season. Even with a losing score the team was still in high spirits.

Compromised mainly of Juniors and Sophomores, the team has strong years ahead of it and they won’t let one bad season get them down. However not everyone will be able to come back for next season, the team said goodbye to two great teammates and friends’ seniors Kion Clark and Neftali Mendez.

At Edison’s last home game on Tuesday 4/19, the team had their senior night and a sendoff to the two seniors as they entered the next part of their life and left friends old and new behind. Kion has been with the team all four years and Neftali while only joining us this year felt like he’d been there the whole time. Both are excellent tennis players and even better teammates, they brought life and energy to the team when they were down. I’m glad that I got to play with them both in my time on the court. And to make things all the better we won our last match of the season. It was a rough season overall, but it was still a great time, nonetheless, thank you to Neftali, Kion, Coach Kong, and everyone else on the team for a great year.