My Hero Academia Recap

Angel Gaytan, Staff Writer

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Since “My Hero Academia” is to receive a new season coming this fall, I think we should all look back at its past three seasons. 

Kicking off this review we have what started it all, season 1. Season 1 contains 13 episodes which is a bit short but makes up for quality. The show starts a little slow but is interesting and hooks you in right from the start wanting you to keep watching to find out what happens next. Izuku Midoriya lives in a world where 80 percent of the world is born with some sort of power called a quirk. The other 20 percent are born without any quirk but is rare to come by. Izuku happens to be one of the 20 percent born without a quirk. He is a scared shy kid but when he meets his biggest hero, All Might who helps him become the hero he always wanted to be. Throughout the season he still is scared but starts to believe in himself even though he can’t control his newfound power just yet.  

Season 2 delivers more action, story, and depth, as well as more episodes to watch. In this season we get to learn the backstories of other characters in the show. This gives us a deeper understanding as to why a character acts the way they do. With this information, the viewer is given a new perspective on the character whether it’s good or bad. We also find out why class 1-A wants to be heroes. This season also shows the characters in a real life or death situation when they run into a villain. As the show goes on the characters start to mature and learn that what they’re doing isn’t a game. 

Season 3 is when the shows start to get more serious as class 1-A now knows the real sacrifices and consequences a hero must face. We see the characters fear for their life while they are put in life threating situations. Izuku also doesn’t let his bully treat him like nothing as Izuku knows he’s not some punching bag but a great hero in training. 

Overall, these past 3 seasons have been amazing and everyone who loves this show can’t wait for season 4 to come out. If you haven’t seen this show, go and watch it you won’t regret it.